One Year in Nevada

I use an app on my phone called timehop. I link together all my social media accounts, and every morning it reminds me of memories. This past week, it notified me that it's been one year since we moved to Nevada.

My facebook status from when my husband arrived.

The move started out with my mom meeting me in Sacramento to drive over the pass together.

The Olive Thief wondering where I have taken him.

A few days later, my husband and his good friend arrived from Texas with the rest of our belongings.

To our friends in Texas that helped us pack up, thank you.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

We welcomed many friends and family to our new home this first year. Some were able to stay for only a meal while others were able to stay for the night. All in all, we had over twenty visitors. This does not include the two board game nights that we hosted for our FRC Robotics Team and any occasional four legged friends.

My grandfather became friends with Miss Charlotte.

In August, we closed on our house and began a major home remodel. We are currently knee deep in the remodel, which is a combination of my husband's DIY efforts and a professional contractor.

Our house is a mess of boxes, covered furniture, construction tools, and three cats running around like crazy. The dog mostly sleeps.

It's an odd feeling as I walk through our vacated apartment less than a year from when I first picked up the keys. Our first year in Nevada was a tumultuous one. Our hope is to remain here for a while. I am perfectly content living the Clearly Alive lifestyle with less crazy adventures.

Our friends in Nevada are also amazing.
To those who helped us move and clean, thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Labels: