ICYMI: On College and Universities

In case you missed it, Action for Adrenal Awareness released September's video on YouTube. The topic this month was on College and University. I spoke about some of the lessons I learned while navigating college with Adrenal Insufficiency. Although my focus is for college students, there are definitely tips and tricks that are applicable to all.


Tricks for Surviving College or University


Truth be told, during all of college and high school I was ashamed of my Adrenal Insufficiency. I viewed it as something that made me "weaker" or "less than." I tried to hide my disease and downplay it's severity. I was in denial.

This is not a helpful mindset to have. This disease does NOT make us weaker. This disease is NOT something to be ashamed of. However, we must be mindful of our disease and take pro-active measures in order to manage it successfully. But in taking those pro-active steps, we are able to remain Clearly Alive.

Did I forget anything? Please comment below! 
Have a suggestion for a future topic? Suggest it here!

Medical Disclaimer

All content found on this website, including: text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. 

Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the emergency department, or call 911 immediately.

By using this website, you acknowledge and agree to and accept these Terms of Service, including all policies and terms linked to or otherwise referenced herein.

Reliance on any information provided by this website is solely at your own risk.

Labels: ,