Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Next Chapter

My husband and I are moving to Reno, Nevada.

Photo from Wikipedia.
My husband has accepted a new engineering job out of state. He is extremely ecstatic about it. He had to give up quite a bit to marry me, which included putting his engineering career on hold -- until now.

This move, however, will require me to walk away from my current engineering job.

I am sad to walk away from a company that has been so incredibly kind to me. Working full time with a chronic disease is incredibly challenging, but this company has made it much easier through their understanding management, flexible working hours, and accommodating HR. I could not have asked for a better place to have begun my engineering career.

His start date in Nevada is in less than a month. He will relocate first and go to prepare a place for me as I attempt to wrap up our life in Texas. I will join him in December.

And no, I do not know what I will be doing in Reno yet. When I figure it out, I shall let y'all know.

But until then, I will remain Clearly Alive.

If you are in the Reno area, please message my Facebook Page. I'll be looking for a new network of doctors, and any advice from locals is appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both. I am excited for your new adventures!! Tell Chris we are proud of him as well
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and Chris an easy transition to your new state and new city. I have many relatives in the Reno/Sparks area. In fact, just got back from Reno on Saturday. Hope that we can meet someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's me, Debby Kaysen Hunter :) Wish google would use my real name..lol

      Delete
    2. I would LOVE to meet up with you at some point.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. It will be displayed once approved by a moderator.