A Brief Update

I'll be completely transparent in this post. I am frustrated. I am frustrated with Addison's Disease. I am frustrated with my health. I am frustrated with a couple recent events. However, this frustration just makes me all the more determined.

At a later point, I'll share more details of these two stories. Right now, I'll just give a brief summary. On April 19th, I was taken by ambulance from a doctor's office. I was slipping quickly into a crisis. I rapidly went from just being confused and extremely dizzy to full out body seizures and slipping in and out of consciousness. To say that it was scary is a huge an understatement. I ended up spending the night in the hospital.

We still aren't sure what triggered it.

This Sunday, I ran a five mile race for Cinco de Mayo. I actually set another personal record in this race! Again, I'll share more details on another post. But I do want to point out that I was being extremely pro-active about my medicine.

Sunday night did not go as planned. I started feeling awful in the afternoon and it just got progressively worse. When I vomited up the entirety of my night dose of meds instantly, I knew it was going to be another night in the emergency room. This time there was no ambulance, nor overnight stay in the hospital. Not nearly as scary as two weeks ago. But still frustrating.

I'm not sure why my Addison's Disease is misbehaving now. Something is wrong. Something is off. Now the hunt to find out what.

I refuse to surrender my life to this darn disease. I am going to fight for an answer. I am going to fight for an explanation. I am going to fight until I get my life back.

I am Clearly Alive.


Labels: , ,